Triphala churna is an Ayurvedic herbal powder that is made from a blend of three fruits: amla (Indian gooseberry), haritaki (black myrobalan), and bibhitaki (belleric myrobalan). Triphala churna has been used in Ayurveda for centuries to promote overall health and well-being. It is known for its gentle laxative properties, its ability to detoxify the body, and its support for digestive health.
Benefits of Triphala Churna
- Promotes digestive health
- Gentle laxative
- Detoxifies the body
- Boosts immunity
- Improves skin health
- Reduces inflammation
- Protects against cancer
- Supports heart health
About this item
- Weight loss – Triphala when processed with the right herbal decoctions is an excellent tool in fighting obesity.
- Detoxifying – Triphala is very high in antioxidants. It’s touted for its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral abilities, and it’s prescribed by Ayurvedic practitioners for a wide variety of ailments.
- Immunity – given the fact that Triphala is a rich source of Vitamin C, it is no surprise that it functions as an excellent booster of the body’s immunity.
- Oral health – A mouthwash made of Triphala works very well to prevent plaque and gingivitis. A bonafide toothpowder/toothpaste should contain triphala in order to be effective and give complete oral protection.
- Skin care – Triphala protects the epidermis and the dermal fibroblasts (which help in recovery from injury). Triphala also increases collagen production (which helps in reducing wrinkles). Triphala is also used to deal with skin conditions such as severe acne and eczema.
- Constipation – A spoon of Triphala with warm water or milk in the night functions as an excellent laxative. Gentle yet cleansing. Triphala is the most superior of laxatives without any side-effects.
- Diabetes – Triphala along with proper medical advice can help in regulation of blood sugar. Please remember this is NOT a stand-alone cure for high blood glucose levels
- Improves hair quality – Triphala also has antifungal and antibacterial properties. Applying a paste in your hair can help you get a squeaky clean scalp.
- Enhances vision – Triphala has ocular enhancing properties, which helps you enhance vision and also protects you from severe eye ailments such as cataract or glaucoma. This can be achieved by regular consumption of Triphala in any form. Doctors also prescribe Triphala water to cleanse eyes. However, you shouldn’t do so unless recommended by a bona fide Ayurvedic Doctor
- Liver Ailments – Triphala is an excellent support therapy for people with liver ailments.
How to Take Triphala Churna
Triphala churna can be taken in a variety of ways, including:
- With water: Mix 1-2 teaspoons of triphala churna with warm water and drink before bed.
- With milk: Mix 1-2 teaspoons of triphala churna with warm milk and drink before bed.
- With honey: Mix 1-2 teaspoons of triphala churna with honey and take it on an empty stomach in the morning.
The recommended dosage of triphala churna is 1-2 teaspoons per day. However, it is important to start with a lower dose and increase gradually as tolerated.